Welcome Business Leaders!
If you are part of the Early Education movement like Ready Nation, you know that early childhood is critical. It affects you and your community. Not only are these young children future potential employees, clients, and vendors for your companies; they are members of your community. Their health and development in early childhood doesn’t just affect their test scores in school. It shapes the very fabric of our society.
Business leaders have been at the forefront of advocacy and philanthropy to make investment commensurate with the extraordinary impact of these early years. You are pioneers of early childhood social impact bonds that creatively and wisely finance strategic public spending. But there are still many business leaders, citizens, policy makers and educators who still don’t get it.
A Manifesto for You
If you want to understand the critical importance of early childhood, this book is for you. It makes the case for the peculiar power of cultural transmission in the earliest years of life that sets a child’s trajectory. That trajectory affects virtually every aspect of a child’s life, from education to obesity to civic involvement. In short, early childhood parenting is the linchpin of addressing a dense web of social issues that affect your community and our society.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on children’s learning and wellbeing
- Recognize the power of early brain development for the children in your community
- Identify the four key developmental areas that parents influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Identify ways that schools, non-profits, businesses and community organizations can work together to support thriving families in your community
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Describes how business leaders, educators, parents, policy makers, medical professionals and non-profits can and should work together for the good of families with young children
Give it Away
This book is designed to be given away. Do you want your division, or all of your employees, to understand your commitment to early childhood investments? This short book is the perfect tool. Use it for a discussion piece at an executive round table, in your chamber of commerce, or for all of your senior leadership.
Want to use it for office discussion, as a corporate gift, or for a book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.