When engaging issues of public health, education and civil society, we don’t often turn to creatives. But we should. Consider how many of us can sing the songs we learned when we were four years old. Think of how many hours parents spend reading and re-reading the same board books to their children. Consider the power of toys to engage the imagination and problem-solving skills of our little children.
A Manifesto for You
This little book is uniquely written for creatives in two ways. First, you create the stuff with which we will kindle our children’s creativity, and their love of beauty. Understanding the dynamics of cultural transmission in the earliest years of life can help you to create art of all sorts that truly connects with and serves your audience. Second, one of the central claims of the book is that early parenting profoundly influences children’s character, competence, creativity, and ability to collaborate. Thus, the future of your craft – in whatever medium – depends in large part on the ways that children are formed in early childhood.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on children
- Recognize the power of early brain development for children
- Identify the four key developmental areas that parents influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Demonstrates the importance of cultivating creativity
Are you a blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”mailto:email@example.com?subject=Education Blogger Inquiry &body=Please tell me more about your promotions for education bloggers!” ]Email me to engage your readers![/button]
Want to use it for your book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.