Have you ever had anyone tell you just how important you are to your children? A friend of mine hosts a Tuesday evening gathering called “Dad Chats” for fathers to gather and encourage each other in their role. It struck me that although there are myriad programs for mothers – from mom’s morning out to mommy-and-me classes to moms’ groups – it is rare for fathers to be so valued.
I have had the rich privilege of participating in communities that support fathers of all sorts: from my role as a full-time father to employed single fathers, and everything in between. Those communities have shaped me and encouraged me in being a father to young children. They have also emboldened and equipped me to encourage you in your role as a father. What you do in the early years of your children’s lives will shape them for the rest of their lives.
A Manifesto for You
I have written this book for you to do two things:
- To validate your truly critical role in forming your children, and
- To paint a picture of flourishing that clarifies your role as a father
You need to know that your role as a father matters – not only for your children, but for the flourishing of your community and society. You need to see the big picture of the formation of persons so that you can embrace the joys and challenges of fathering, and reap the rewards.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on your children
- Recognize the power of early brain development for your children
- Identify the four key developmental areas that you influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Have a template for assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and a plan for establishing the habits that you desire
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Establishes your role as a father as foundational to flourishing communities
Are you a blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”mailto:email@example.com?subject=Parent Blogger Inquiry &body=Please tell me more about your promotions for parent bloggers!” ]Email me to engage your readers![/button]
Want to use it for your dads’ group or book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.