Welcome Foster Parents!
As a foster parent, you know the power of parenting. That is why you have opened your home and your family to your foster child. You are probably also aware of the extraordinary influence of early experiences in shaping young children – in their birth family, other foster families, and your family. It is difficult to overstate the power that your home environment has on shaping your foster child – especially in the earliest years of life.
As a foster parent, you serve and love not only your foster child, but your community. You are laying the foundation for a flourishing society through the daily routines of your family life.
A Manifesto for You
If you’re a foster parent of a young child, this book is for you. You need to know that your labors in parenting matter – not only for your children, but for the flourishing of your community and society. You need to know what matters, so that you don’t drown in the sea of guilt and confusion. And you need the discipline and tools to form habits – ones that promote healthy development, cultivate a vibrant family life, and equip your children to make their way in the world.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on your children
- Recognize the power of early brain development for your children
- Identify the four key developmental areas that you influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Have a template for assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and a plan for establishing the habits that you desire
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Establishes your role as a parent as foundational to flourishing communities
Are you a blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
Want to use it for your parenting group or book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.