Welcome Full-time Fathers!
If you’re a full-time father, you have to anticipate the question, “So what do you do?” Not only do you need to anticipate the question; you also have to plan for the reactions. “Really? You don’t have a real job? So you just watch TV? Do you have a babysitter to take care of the kids?”
I get it. I’ve been a full-time father (a.k.a. SAHD) for eight years – including six years in Manhattan, where my friends and peers are doctors, or run non-profits, or found new businesses. “Dad” doesn’t sound so impressive next to “Director” or “Doctor.” In fact, I was even asked to write an article on that awkward conversation.
So you need to know that your work as a father matters, why your work matters, and what matters most in your work. It is no overstatement to say that you are laying the foundations of civil society. You need to remember that when a stranger asks you, “What do you do?”
A Manifesto for You
I have written this book for you to do two things:
- To validate your truly critical role in forming your children, and
- To paint a picture of flourishing that clarifies your vocation
You need to know that your role as a father matters – not only for your children, but for the flourishing of your community and society. You need to see the big picture of the formation of persons so that you can focus your talent and energy on those things that really matter, and be totally at ease if others just don’t understand.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on your children
- Recognize the power of early brain development for your children
- Identify the four key developmental areas that you influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Have a template for assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and a plan for establishing the habits that you desire
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Establishes your role as a father as foundational to flourishing communities
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”mailto:email@example.com?subject=Education Blogger Inquiry &body=Please tell me more about your promotions for education bloggers!” ]Email me to engage your readers![/button]
Are you a daddy blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Parent Blogger Inquiry &body=Please tell me more about your promotions for parent bloggers!” ]Email me to engage your readers![/button]
Want to use it for your parenting group or book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.