Welcome LOHAS Parents!
If you are committed to a Lifestyle of Health and Sustainability (LOHAS), you know that your actions affect not only your children, but also your community and your environment. Have you ever wondered how best to communicate to others why early parenting is so critical for health, sustainability, and flourishing?
A Manifesto for You
If you care about health, sustainability and civil society, this book is for you. It makes the case for the peculiar power of cultural transmission in the earliest years of life that sets a child’s trajectory. Your child learns from you how to care for the natural environment, how to treat other people, and what her place is in this world – and she does it all whether or not you give any thought to the work of parenting.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on your children
- Recognize the power of early brain development for your children
- Identify the four key developmental areas that you influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Have a template for assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and a plan for establishing the habits that you desire
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Establishes your role as a parent as foundational to flourishing communities
Are you a blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
Want to use it for your parenting group or book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.