Welcome Medical Professionals!
If you’re a pediatrician, nurse, physical therapist, pediatric dentist, or one of the many other professionals who serve families with young children, you know how much early parenting matters. What happens in the home affects every aspect of a child’s life from learning disabilities to conflict resolution to tooth decay.
Yet it can be hard to communicate to others – including parents themselves – just how much early parenting matters. How much does it really matter? The Apprenticeship of Being Human answers that question for you.
A Manifesto for You
If you care about public health and the flourishing of communities, this book is for you. It makes the case for the peculiar power of cultural transmission in the earliest years of life that sets a child’s trajectory. That trajectory affects virtually every aspect of a child’s health, from obesity to enunciation. In short, early childhood parenting is the linchpin of addressing the health concerns that parents present to you in your work.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on children’s wellbeing
- Recognize the power of early brain development for the children you serve
- Identify the four key developmental areas that parents influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Identify ways that schools, non-profits, and community organizations can work together to support thriving families in your community
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Describes how educators, parents, policy makers, medical professionals and non-profits can and should work together for the good of families with young children
- Provides a tool to help parents assess their strengths and weaknesses in order to grow as parents
Are you a blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
Want to use it for your professional development reading or book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.