Welcome Preschool Teachers!
I’m an educator writing for educators. I taught early elementary grades in the New York City public schools, and earned a Master of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in early childhood . . . but no one told me the importance of what happens in the home in the early years of life before my students walked into pre-kindergarten.
You know this first hand. The home life of your students shapes their ability to thrive in your classroom. In fact, I’m confident that you can accurately describe the home culture of a child simply by their interactions in your classroom.
A Manifesto for You
So I’ve written a manifesto for educators. My aim is to help you better understand the role that early family life plays in the impact of early childhood education so that you can better understand and serve students and their families. I’m convinced that the better you understand how to engage and support the families of your students, the more your students will thrive.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the impact of early home life on your student population
- Recognize the power of early brain development for your students’ achievement
- Learn from other educators’ creative methods of early family engagement
- Know what parents can do to help their children thrive
- Identify ways that schools, non-profits, and community organizations can work together to support thriving families in your community
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Explains the power of stories in forming children for learning and life . . . by telling stories
- Describes how educators, parents, policy makers, medical professionals and non-profits can and should work together for the good of families with young children
Are you an education blogger?
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
Want to use it for professional development or a book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.