Welcome Women in the Mix!
Do you feel the tension of parenting and another vocation? If so, you’re not alone. Crafting a life that mingles meaningful work (inside or outside the home) with the high calling of being a mother is extraordinarily difficult. When you add the inhuman expectations placed on women to be mom/housekeeper/cook/professional/beautiful/creative/leader, the cocktail can be overpowering.
How can you know what really matters for your kids in their earliest years? What can you do to help them thrive and grow? If you are going to focus your time and talents, you need to know what matters, what you can do, and how you can establish habits of life that allow you and your children to thrive.
A Manifesto for You
I have written this book for you to do two things:
- To validate your truly critical role in parenting, and
- To paint a picture of flourishing that frees you from ridiculous expectations
You need to know that your labors in mothering matter – not only for your children, but for the flourishing of your community and society. You need to see the big picture of the formation of persons so that you can craft a family life that authentically mingles your vocations inside and outside the home.
Specifically, by reading this book, you will:
- Understand the lifelong impact of early home life on your children
- Recognize the power of early brain development for your children
- Identify the four key developmental areas that you influence
- Focus on the three critical levers for promoting healthy development
- Have a template for assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and a plan for establishing the habits that you desire
Because The Apprenticeship of Being Human:
- Provides an overview of the nature and rate of human brain development
- Offers a simple, compelling metaphor that captures the power of relationships
- Displays the power of stories in forming children for learning and life
- Establishes your role as a mother as foundational to flourishing communities
Are you a blogger? I offer:
- Custom giveaways for your audience.
- Audio/video interviews on parenting, early ed, character formation, habits, and stories.
- Guest posts for your audience
- Webcast seminars
Want to use it for your parenting group or book club?
Contact me for volume discounts.